SAVE THE DATE – next EFA-Roundtable 11./12.of July 2019 in Niš/Serbia
The next EFA-Roundtable will happen
11./12. of July 2019
actual proposal of topics:
– how to make visibility possible in rooms filled with smoke
– 4.0 – what does it means for firebrigades, rescue services and disaster management
– EUWarn by KatWarn Crisis-management-system (presentation)
– Quick Alerting in a large building complex, presented at the example of an University
– feel free to propose other subjects of common interest
We choosed Niš as location for our 21th EFA-Roundtable speccially to attract the interest of the fire brigades and civil protection institutions of South-East Europe to the plattform of the European Fire Academy and to establish closer links between South-East Europe and the firebrigades of Western and Central Europe.
Niš is the third-largest city of Serbia and one of the oldest cities in the Balkans and even in Europe. From ancient times it has been considered a gateway between the East and the West. It is also the birthplace of Constantine the Great, the first Christian Emperor, as well as Constantius III and Justin I. It had a very changeful history: Romans, Byzantins, Bulgars, Serbs, Ottomans rouled here and since 1878 it belongs to Serbia again.
Niš is one of the most important industrial centers in Serbia, especially in the electronics, mechanical engineering, textile, and tobacco industries.
Niš Constantine the Great Airport is its international airport. There are some direct flights from Berlin, Vienna and other European cities. Transportation can also be organized from the airports of Sofia (125 km) or Belgrad (250 km).